Baba Ghanouj & Minced Meat Empanadas
Preparation and cooking time: 40 mins
For 2 people
- 140 g baba ghanouj
- 100 g minced meat
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 short crust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Espelette pepper
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Cookie cutter
- Kitchen brush
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Chop the onion and the garlic clove.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and brown the onion and garlic for a few minutes then add and cook the minced meat.
- Season with Espelette pepper, salt and pepper then mix.
- In a bowl, mix the baba ghanouj and the minced meat stuffing.
- Unroll the short crust pastry and using a cookie cutter, cut out circles in the dough.
- Place the stuffing on half of a circle of dough, leaving the edges empty.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg and, using a brush, brush the edges of the circle of dough then fold the halves of the circle.
- To close the slipper, press the edges with a fork.
- Using a brush, brush the turnovers with egg.
- Bake the turnovers on a baking tray for 15 minutes, at 180°C
Let cool and serve