Christmas Appetizer Platter: Festive Toasts
Preparation time: 30 mins
For 12 toasts
- 12 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 tbsp of baba ghanouj
- 4 whole figs in syrup
- 3 pickled wild cucumber
- 200g of foie gras
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp of tzaziki
- 1 handful of microgreens and edible flowers or aromatic herbs
- 1 Christmas cookie cutter
- Toast the slices of bread in a toaster.
- Using the cookie cutter, cut the shape out of the 12 slices of bread.
- Place 1 tsp of baba ghanouj per toast on 4 slices of toast and add a few microgreens and edible flowers.
- Cut the pickled wild cucumber into small pieces.
- On 4 toasts, place 1 tsp of tzaziki and add the pieces of pickled wild cucumber, then add a few lemon zests and microgreens.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the shape out of 4 slices of foie gras.
- Place the slices of foie gras on 4 toasts and add a whole fig in syrup on each toast, then garnish with microgreens.
- Place your toasts on a large plate and pair them with a dry white wine or champagne!